Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First steps on Aurora

The Aurora preview has just been released, and I have patiently waited most of the day for the download to complete. My current prefered Virtualisation solution is Oracle VirtualBox. My first attempt at installation failed, with an error 0xc0000225.

This is apparently caused by missing BIOS APIC functionality, so enabling IO APIC for the VM fixed this. Second was the installation wouldn't continue without a NIC, which wasn't discovered. Changing from the default to the Intel PRO/1000 MT Server NIC fixed that issue.

The box seems to run pretty slick VM'd and the dashboard is great. I'll be playing more over the next couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. I was scratching my head over this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what resolved my VM install issue, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete